Why buy from us?
Here at Johnsons Jewellers we are official authorised stockists of all the products which are available in store or on-line.
Every item (excluding pre-owned watches) is a brand new item and is supplied with the full manufacturers warranty and our confidence in the product.
There are many web-retailers which are not authorised stockists and source their watches or jewellery from various places, which could have serious long term implications. This is known as a Grey Import.
A Grey Import is where unauthorised stockists search overseas or from illegal channels to source your required watch or piece of jewellery. This could mean that:
- The goods are imported illegally and the source may not have paid the VAT or duty on the item. As most watches can be easily identified by their individual serial numbers from which country they have originated, it may mean that the buyer is left with the duty bills.
- The warranty may not be a full genuine manufacturers’ warranty. The seller may well be providing their own warranty, which would not be recognised by the manufacturer.
- Lack of a genuine warranty will be an issue if there is a problem with your watch/jewellery and it has to be returned to the manufacturer. The warranty will not be recognised and therefore any work will be charged for.
- Resale value will also be affected if there is no genuine warranty.
- The goods could potentially be fake. The outside of the watch appears to be genuine and of good condition, but on the inside there is a cheap imitation movement. There are also many fake jewellery items, which come from illegal sources.
- The item could be stolen and therefore passed through illegal channels, which could leave consequences for the end buyer.
We are an independent family jewellers established since 1897, so we have a very long history of selling watches and jewellery, and dealing with customers.
Please feel free to check any of the manufacturer’s websites to confirm that we are stockists of all the listed brands. All official stockists will be listed on the manufacturer’s website, linked below. If a stockist is not listed, or seems to be offering big discounts compared to others; it generally means they’re not an official agent and you may not be purchasing the goods you believe you are.
- Tag Heuer
- Hearts on Fire
- Kissing Diamonds
- Andrew Geoghegan
- Raymond Weil
- Citizen Watches
- TW Steel
- Hugo Boss Watches
- Clogau Gold
- Ti Sento
- Charming by Ti Sento
- Hot Diamonds
- Links of London
- Babette Wasserman
- Molly Brown
- Mont Blanc
Please feel free to ask us a few questions before you buy. We want you to have the confidence in us and in the product you are buying.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your product that you have purchased from us, we offer a 30 day money back policy- please see our Returns Policy.